Managing IPPI Supplies
Once your commitment to this project is over, you will be responsible for obtaining IPPI supplies on your own. There are many economical options for doing so. Here are some ideas to get you started for securing IPPI supplies on your own:
- Facebook groups for activity directors or nursing home providers
- Families of residents
- Local thrift stores or dollar stores
- Donations to your community
Offering several IPPIs in your community can quickly turn into managing many supplies.
The following are some recommendations for managing IPPI supplies:
- Use see-through containers, nylon mesh bags, or some similar durable container to hold the supplies for each kit separately
- Store kits in cabinets or closets in the neighborhood or in an area accessible for the CNAs.
- Label kits with the name of the protocol.
- If possible, laminate all pictures or photos to ensure their longevity and make them easy to wipe clean.
- Periodically check the supplies to see if anything needs to be repaired or replaced
- If possible, make backup kits or have extra supplies that will make the replacement supplies easier.
- Use a “traveling” cart to hold the kits.